What is gianimo all about?
At g!animo we believe a child’s bedroom can be more than a sleeping space. In an electronic age, which asks less and less of a child’s imagination, we hope to give children and parents a starting point from which they can spend quality time together making up their own adventures. Childhood development experts agree on the enormous benefits that creative play has on a child’s social, cognitive and communication skills. g!animo’s high quality wall stickers and accessories turn a child’s whole bedroom into an attractive picture-book experience, encouraging a love for stories and reading.
Who are we?
We are parents. We are storytellers. g!animo is a small design company focused on creating adventures and telling colorful stories. We started g!animo to cater for the tastes of highly selective customers: our children. One of them, a young boy of 3 years, is a proud owner of a wooden toy, a giraffe we named gianimo, who has an enormous character and charm. This is how our company got its name. We hope this incarnation of gianimo will bring your children as much comfort and joy as it does with our kids.
All of our wall-stickers and other products are produced in the United States.
- When your g!animo package arrives, get very excited (by all means do a little dance) then unroll the decals and admire the artwork :)
- Make a cup of tea and decide how you are going to position each decal to produce a pleasing mural. Get your child involved. Look at the shape and size of each sticker together and think of fun ways they might interact with objects already in the room.
- Be aware that decals may not stick as well to textured or porous surfaces. The best surfaces for sticking are smooth, dry and clean.
- You can clean the chosen surface using a damp cloth. Use water only and allow for the wall or surface to completely dry after cleaning.
- Do not try to fold or pinch the paper in order to peel off the stickers, use the small finger slot next to each character. Hold down the sheet flat with one hand, and with the other peel the sticker off from the backing paper, staring from the finger slot.
- Don’t worry if the decals stick to themselves. Take a calm breath and carefully pull it apart again.
- If there are any bubbles or wrinkles you can lightly press and smooth them out, or just peel back and re-apply.
- Feel free to reposition the sticker as many times as you like, but be careful to keep the adhesive side clean. Once the adhesive collects too much dust, dirt or fibres, it will become less effective and the stickers may not stick as well to your surface.
- Our stickers are printed with water based, children friendly inks. Do not use any detergents, or water saturated cloth to clean them.
- Once all the stickers are stuck, feel the giddy satisfaction of a job well done. Treat yourself with another cup of tea, and maybe even a biscuit!
- Finally, go through the character list, pointing each one out to your child, learning their names and finding out a bit about them. Do they have a favourite already?
That night, use the sample story idea to shape your own adventure, remembering that the key to building a good story is to ask lots of questions. Here are some examples. Where are they going? Why? What may go wrong? Who will come out on top? How? What does each character want? Can they get it? What will they learn? What are they saying to each other? What are they thinking? Will they get back in time for bed? Let your child make these decisions as much as possible. Have fun with it. It’s all about fun after all.
Disclaimer: You can be sure that g!animo decals will stick beautifully onto any flat surface. However, because we can’t know the precise condition of every wall/surface in our customer’s homes, we can’t guarantee that paint won’t be lifted on their removal or that no adhesive will remain on the surface when removed. Our decals are designed not to disrupt the surface they are applied to, but paint that is already loose and peeling, or near a heat source, could be at risk.
We want you to love and enjoy your g!animo experience. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you may return the item within 14 days of receiving it. You must contact us by email and obtain a return reference number before sending the item back to us. Items must be in their original packaging, in perfect, unused condition and with the return reference number written on the external package. You should obtain proof of posting as we are unable to accept responsibility for returned items that go missing in transit. Sorry, shipping costs will not be refunded.